Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gymnasties

I have always been a huge fan of gymnastics, ever since I was a little girl. Being a dancer, I am usually a tad overly-critical of the athletes' turned out feet and non-pointed toes, but I can certainly appreciate the difficulty of the routines and the amount of effort these gymnasts put in towards their work.
Instead of spoiling the results of the gymnastics events of the Olympics (I have been watching all the events live), I figured I would share some pictures of the sheer athleticism and skill that the athletes (the women in particular) have.

Gabby Douglas of USA

Larisa Andreea of Romania

Asuka Teramoto of Japan

Ali Raisman of USA

Beth Tweddle of GB

 Lauren Mitchell of Australia


No comments:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic