Monday, September 29, 2014

14 in 2014: The year is 3/4 over!

So I meant to get this post done early in September, but (as usual) time have been flying by. I'm still in shock that it is September, and that winter is rapidly approaching. Last year's winter was the most brutal winter of my 23 years in New England, and I have not recovered from it! I'm really hoping to escape from New England sometime next year!





  1. Write more blog posts - I am definitely getting back on track with this goal. I would not say that I am 100% where I would like to be yet, but I am getting there.
  2. Do more yoga - I was doing wonderfully with this goal for about a month, but then things unraveled a bit. I finally have access to free yoga after working for three months at the vegan cafe attached to a yoga studio, so I really have no reason to not go.
  3. Get back into dancing - I'm finally on the way with this one! At the beginning of September, I got a job working at a dance studio, where I do office work and some teaching in exchange for classes (and some pay). My body has a lot of catching up to do in order to get back to where it was a few years ago.
  4. Land a job that I enjoy - I am currently working three jobs, which is overwhelming, but they are all doing things I love. I am not involved in my field, but I'm happy and that is what matters. 
  5. Move into a new apartment - Yes! Yes! Yes! I moved into a wonderful apartment with four people who have quickly become my good friends. We have basement shows, game nights, dinners, and more - I couldn't be happier.
  6. Cook more - This is a work in progress. I struggle adjusting to new spaces (kitchens in particular), but I am making a point of eating out less and spending more time in the kitchen cooking.
  7. Read 50 books - I'm right on schedule with this goal! As always, you can follow what I'm reading on GoodReads (goodreads.com/wildflowerchild)
  8. Get rid of all my extra clothes - This is definitely in progress. I have both my storenvy and vinted where you can buy my slightly worn clothing (http://www.vinted.com/members/1705095-melissalynnamaral & http://wildflowerchild.storenvy.com/)
  9. Spend more time outside - I have been hiking a few times this year, but I would still like to be outdoors more before it starts to snow.
  10. Get on a regular sleep schedule - I have a fairly regular sleep schedule, but I have lately fallen into the bad habit of waking up every day around 7 am and then falling back asleep from 8-9 or 10....
  11. Become more organized - The room in my new place is currently an unpacked disaster. I need to work on this.
  12. Find an outlet for playing clarinet - Still not done. I have been doing a lot lately, though, in my defense.
  13. Bike all over Boston - My old bike was stolen last month while the bike I got for my birthday was being fixed. I now have my new bike with me, but I still haven't replaced the lock and lights.
  14. Appreciate all the little things - This will forever be a work in progress, but I'm working on it.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing a ton of stuff and being really active! I don't know where you'd find time for clarinet amongst 3 jobs and the dancing and the yoga. Think you can be pretty proud of yourself. I really want to take up cycling. I mean I don't have a bike yet, but the other problem is living in a flat with no where to put one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last bike was stolen when I kept it on the street. Now I'm in a first floor apartment where there is space to keep my bike inside. I'm very grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working three jobs can definitely be overwhelming so I can understand why some things on this list have been put on the back-burner. For some of your other goals try scheduling them in your calendar so you are more likely to do them!

    ReplyDelete

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic